Monday, August 10, 2015

Shaker Cards Project Kit


One of the items in the new mini is a shaker card kit with which you can make 18 shaker cards, including printed card bases, envelopes, glitter, etc.  The only thing not included is a stamp set that costs $16.  Well I thought I could get away with getting the card kit but not the stamp set.  So I went downstairs to create a couple of the cards.  I made the tree card but there should be a stamped image of a tree inside the shaker and a cute little stand for the tree to be in.  It looks ok without the stamped images and I used a retired sentiment for the front of the card, but I know what should be on this card so it doesn't look right.  The star card is okay as I used a stamp from the Perpetual Calendar stamp set for the cluster of stars that needed to be stamped.  But the ornament card~~if I do not stamp the top of the die cut circle with the top and string image, it will look like I have a circle on a Christmas card.  Very cute kit, but I do think you also need to purchase the stamp set.  So instead of $24, plan on spending $40 to make the cards as you will see them in the new mini when it arrives at your house! Also, learn from my errors:  I failed to completely seal the foam tape around the tree nor did I powder the inside edges of the foam tape.  So when my tree card was done, all the white glitter stuck to the inner edge of the foam tape and the remainder leaked out a little space between the foam.  For the star card I used my embossing buddy to coat all the inside edges of the foam tape.  Unfortunately, I left too much of the residue on the acetate and it looks foggy.  All that being said, the cards are adorable.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment