Monday, June 8, 2015

From Land To Sea

Today's card was created using a new set in the annual catalog, From Land To Sea.  Sometimes I purchase stamp sets for sentimental reasons.  Well, this stamp set is one of those purchases.  Even though I know I will use the set, when I saw the sailfish image I thought of my Dad.  Many years ago, like probably 40 plus, my Dad was in Florida and he caught a seven foot sailfish.  He was so proud of this fish that he did have it stuffed and sent home.  The sailfish had a place of honor on our dining room wall for many years.  When my parents moved from one house to another, my Dad would wrap that fish in blankets and carefully move it to the next dining room wall.  It was always good humor when we were having a family dinner and this big fish was staring at you.  His grandchildren were the only ones who rated above the sailfish.  Many fond memories were replayed as I colored in this fish using my Prisma colored pencils.  I added the birthday sentiment from And Many More, but this would be a great Father's Day card, too.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment