Friday, May 8, 2015

Shaker Card

I am seeing shaker cards all over the internet these days.  So here is my version.  I don't think you
will be seeing very many shaker cards from me, but they are cute.  I was trying to create a circle of stars originally and after it did not look very good I switched to the shaker card.  I used our circle framelits on the top layer, the window sheet and to create the border around the window sheet.  I used the retired shaker frames to create the space between the top layer and the card base.  It worked perfectly.  But, since I did not use my embossing buddy around the inside edges of the shaker frame, the stars are sticking to it instead of moving around inside!!! Then you just might notice that in the upper left corner there is splattered ink and not on purpose.  I used retired in colors for this card, but neither the stamped image or sentiment is from Stampin' Up! The card is cute but before we make one in my class, I will perfect the technique a little more and get some foam tape since the shaker frames are no longer available.  Have a great day and a very Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment