Monday, May 4, 2015

Partial Dicuts

I watched another Jennifer McGuire video over the weekend, this one on how to use a die and make only a partial cut.  So I used one of our circles and Bermuda Bay cardstock to create the layer with a circle for the card.  When doing this, you only cover the section of the die that you want to cut with the acrylic cutting plates.  So I first did the top section and then flipped it around, lined up the cutting pads and cut the bottom section.  After stamping the sentiment on whisper white cardstock, I punched it out using the 2 inch circle punch and adhered it to the partially cut circle.  The balloons are Lawn Fawn balloons.  I then had to try it again using this cute little elephant die and stamp set from Avery Elle.  I am sure that after a little practice this is easy to do.  But to be honest, it is much quicker for me to just cut the die  all the way and adhere it to the card!! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment