Monday, March 23, 2015

Hello You Thinlets

Thanks to very cute cards I saw on the Lawn Fawn Facebook page, I used that idea and the Stampin' Up!  Hello You Thinlets to create today's cards.   Even though the Blendabilities are no longer available, since I have them, I used them.  The Coastal Cabana set shows off the Ombre (colors that are graduated or shaded in tone) technique better than the Pink Pirouette set, but none the less, easy. Starting at the bottom of a piece of white cardstock, I scribbled back and forth using the darkest marker, then the medium above that and the lightest at the top.  When I went to die cut the words I realized that the blending of the colors will go from left to right rather than from top to bottom..  And then I repeated myself when using the Pink Pirouette markers.  But it's okay as I so like the  look of the color gradation on the words.  Both the  "birthday" and "so much" are phrases in the Crazy About You stamp set that coordinates with the thinlets.  To add a little something to the card fronts, I stamped little cupcakes and flowers from retired sets.  The thank you card had a little too much white space, so I used the retired corner punch to take care of that!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment