Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Colored Pencils and Gamsol

I was playing with my Copics over the weekend and decided to switch over to colored pencils.  I decided that the flowers in Bloom With Hope (hostess set) would be good to color.  I stamped the flowers using Memento ink and gave it a few seconds to dry.  I chose light and dark violet pencils for the flowers. When using Gamsol, you don't need to fill in the entire flower.  The Gamsol and a blending stump move the waxy color of the pencils around.  Anyway, the flowers look pretty and what I like about colored pencils~~you can erase little mistakes!  I stamped the sentiment (Butterfly Basics) before I chose the layer color.  Next time, I would stamp the sentiment in Elegant Eggplant.  I then colored in the same image using the light violet pencil and a darker blue violet pencil. I think we will make this card at the next class and you can try your hand at using colored pencils and Gamsol.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love coloring with colored pencils. Actually I think they are easier than Copics.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete