Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bokeh Technique

I have been noticing cards created using this Bokeh technique and finally decided to try it.  I have heard it pronounced "boka" and "bouquet".  Not sure which is the correct pronunciation, but here is my card using the "watercolor" Bokeh technique.  In photography it is the appearance of being out of focus.  Anyway, after wetting down a piece of watercolor paper, you add color using re-inker and a few drops of water on the end of an aqua painter.  As the color hits the wet paper it spreads.  I used Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo and the background is the result I got.  To make it look out of focus you need white craft ink and a circle stencil.  I now know I need a white craft ink refill!  That being said, you can still kind of see the random white circles over the water colored design.  I also did the same technique using sponge daubers and ink instead of water and it looked really good until I decided to stamp directly on it.  The white craft ink did not take the Staz-on ink well, so that card is at the curb as I type~~~lol!!  I will perfect this technique by the next class!  Have a great day!

1 comment: