Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Just Because Butterfly

The only butterflies we will be seeing for quite some time are the butterflies on this card!!  As I type, it is -2degrees with a wind chill of -23!  To create today's card I used the medium butterfly thinlet included in the new Butterflies Thinlets Dies (Occasions Mini).  After deciding where I wanted the butterfly on the Calypso Coral cardstock, I ran it thru the Big Shot (placing a piece of wax paper between the thinlet and the cardstock).  I adhered the Coral onto a white card base and after getting rid of all the little schnitzels of the butterfly, I placed the pretty diecut just where it was cut on the cardstock.  I only glued the center of the butterfly to  the card.  Since everything is white, "just because" had to be white, too.  So out came the Versamark, white embossing power and heat gun.  The smaller butterflies were in my saved case of little extras from the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  Then I had the not so brilliant idea to add white antenna to the butterfly using a gel pen~~won't be doing that again!    Have a great day and keep warm!

1 comment: