Monday, November 24, 2014

Altered Chipboard Container


Over the weekend I went to an open house held by my Close To My Heart consultant.  I made a couple of cards and she had items available for purchase.  One of the items I purchased is this kraft cylinder container.   It is approximately 2-3/4" wide by 6" tall.  I wrapped the container in retired Stampin' Up DSP and pretty ribbon. I could have altered the container in no time at all, but I "needed" to have a rosette on the lid.  I had to guess at how to size a rosette on the Explore and after one bad guess, I was able to make this one.   The container is nice and sturdy and will look pretty under the tree or even as a little decoration in a little nook or on a little table. IT is time for me to get serious about Thanksgiving.  Today and tomorrow I have to stay away from my scrap room so I don't get sucked in and create instead of clean and prepare!!  Have a great day and be careful if you are out and about when the snow begins here. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you were inspired by the artwork! I love what you did with your container!!

    ReplyDelete