Monday, September 15, 2014

Catalog Idea

I had a great weekend~~card class on Saturday afternoon, an evening with friends and a Sunday spent making frozen tomato sauce and playing in my scraproom.  This is like the fourth batch of tomato sauce.  I told my husband, I am done with tomato sauce for this year--LOL!!! So today's card idea came from the card pictured on page 67 of the annual catalog.  I do not have the Dictionary background stamp, so I used the retired En Francais.  I changed out the color combinations and have yet to add a sentiment, but the basic layout is the same.  The flowers are from the Flower Shop stamp set.  I stamped Rich Razzleberry cardstock with the flower inked using Blackberry Bliss which was a nice contrast to the Baked Brown Sugar flower.  As much as I enjoy my framelits, it sure is nice to sometimes just pull out a punch and obtain the shape you want.  A little twine, lace and butterflies are pretty embellishments.  When you get stuck on a card design, just grab the annual catalog and something will jump out at you!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment