Monday, September 8, 2014

Birthday Assortment

On Friday afternoon I received the items I ordered from Amuse and started playing.  That being said, I used many of my Stampin' Up products; i.e., cardstock, the "wish big" sentiment, Dazzling Details, Crystal Effects, various ink pads, oval framelits, embossing folder, etc.  The Amuse sets I used are Hey Cupcake and Birthday Balloons.  An Amuse Balloon die  was used to cut the DSP balloons.  Speaking of dies, Amuse dies are solid, so unless you are using DSP/cardstock for the dies, here's the question:  do you stamp first and try to line up the dies or first die cut the shapes and then stamp?  I used DSP for my balloons, so no worries about lining things up.  I much prefer the type of dies SU carries, especially for little images.  The blue background on the pink cupcake card was sponged using an Amuse Bermuda ink pad~~pigment ink vs. our SU dye ink.  The Amuse stamps are rubber, clear mount, just like SU's.  I liked working with them and enjoyed coloring the images with my alcohol markers.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable cards! Whenever I have stamps that go with die cut shapes, I tend to cut first, them stamp, but I that's probably because the stamps I use are the clear Close To My Heart ones. I'm not sure what's easier when you can't see through.

    ReplyDelete