Tuesday, July 22, 2014

By The Seashore

Today's most important message is "Happy Birthday, Sydney"!  We truly are blessed with a beautiful granddaughter.  The stamp set I used for today's cards, By The Seashore, is one I have not purchased as I have other seashell stamps. But it keeps calling my name each time I flip thru the catalog.  So, I borrowed Jen's set and created these two cards~~one colorful, one monochromatic.  I used watercolor paper on the colorful version as I wanted to aqua paint a little "sand" as a background for the shells.  I also stamped the shells on watercolor paper before cutting them out.  The sentiment is from Blooming With Kindness. On the monochromatic version, I again stamped the shells on watercolor paper, all in Crumb Cake.  The sentiment on this one is from Wetlands, one of my favorite sets. The little pearls add a touch of elegance.  As you can see, I added a touch of Gorgeous Grunge to each card, too.  Not sure which I prefer and still on the fence as to purchasing or not.  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards! Thanks for sharing them!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your cards! Looking through Pinterest & stumbled onto your card! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tami. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the inspiration - I had some real sea shells that I wanted to put onto cards and you've helped me to do it!

    ReplyDelete